Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Something I missed in 09

















Teitanblood - Seven Chalices

Here's a little gem that I downloaded a while back but didn't get into until now. Teitanblood are a band from Spain who play brutally fast and filthy death/black metal. I think the main reason I put off listening to this record has to do with the lo-fi production, but now that I've given it multiple spins I am totally in love with it. The dirty sound is quite fitting and really enhances the overall atmosphere of the album.

As far as comparable sounding bands are concerned I would place Teitanblood somewhere between Celtic Frost and Entombed. The riffing on Seven Chalices sounds like a rock slide of old school death metal technique, while the drums pummel away in the background at inhuman speed. The vocal performance by NSK is absolutely menacing and ads a thrashy old school swedish death metal vibe to the album.

I am more impressed every time I listen to Seven Chalices. For a two man band to produce an album this suffocating and desolate in an age where crystal clear production is the norm is a breath of fresh air. This album isn't for everyone, but those seeking something that pushes the boundaries of black/death metal while still sounding strangely familiar should give Teitanblood some attention.

LINK

xoxo
beardo

No comments:

Post a Comment